This was originally posted over at Suture for a Living on July 25, 2008.
I was only asked to make three quilts from all those shirts–one for each son, but I made four so the widow would have one. Then there were all those remaining squares from the car-fabric shirt and I couldn’t resist making one more using them. This time around, I limited the different shirt fabrics to only three and did a modified-nine patch. Then to make it large enough, I added some left-over (from this project) flannel that makes you think of hunting/outdoors. Besides cars, hunting was a favorite pastime of the deceased. This quilt is 48 in X 68 in.
You might also like: