I recently bought a Husqvarna Huskylock s21 serger. I’ve made three dog shirts (two from knit T-shirt fabric and one from an old flannel shirt) as part of learning to use the machine which is way more powerful, has more extra feet, and more stitches than the serger I had years ago (broke it making a bag for a niece, sewing through too many thicknesses). I attempted to draft my own patterns. This first one I drafted using an old Simplicity pattern #9520, dog patterns for large dogs like my old Labradors. It’s a little big.
This one I made using the flannel shirt. I choose to put the buttons along the back to facilitate putting it on Lizzie. I took the collar/band unit apart and resewed it. The collar was split in the middle with the once back collar sewn so that the button on the band ended up in the back. The front of the collar was sew so it sits at the front of Lizzie’s neck but at the back of the collar band.