I knit this afghan for my niece Madi. I started it back in March and finished it this past weekend. It measures 60 in X 78 in. It was knit using Sinead Throw by Berroco Design Team with a modification on the border. The yarn used was Cascade 220 Superwash in colorway 866 Forest Heather. To get a border as I knit the afghan rather than adding afterwards I cast on 300 stitches — 9 (side border) x2 plus 282 (center pattern). Knit 11 rows garter at beginning and end. Side border (9 stitches each side): (K1 tbl, k1) x4, K1 tbl on right side; (P1 tbl, K1) x4, P1 tbl on wrong side. Body of afghan knit per the pattern specifications.
These next two photos are during blocking (unfortunately blocked with backside upwards so cables don’t show).
Recently made these two fabric postcards for friends. This one is approx 5.5 in X 7.5 in. It was machine appliqued and quilted. The edges were zigzagged.
This one is approx 5.5 in X 7.25 in. It was machine appliqued and quilted. The edges were finished with binding.
I needed a big project to work on this winter so I text my nephew and ask if he needed an afghan as a house warming gift. He purchased his first home in the fall of 2020. He said sure and approved the color and pattern. It was a good project to work on especially during the ice/ snow storm in February. The pattern is Charette by Julie Turjoman. The yarn is Valley Yarns Haydenville Bulky in light gray. It took me approx 2 months to knit working on it in the evenings while I watched TV. The finished size is approx 55 in X 74 in. My nephew is well over 6 ft tall.
As mentioned in my last post I have continued to knit and quilt during my unintended hiatus. I knit this dog sweater for a friend’s approx 5 lb dog in January. I don’t recall the pattern and will have to search for it if I ever want to make the dog another sweater. It was a perfect use of some leftover bulky yarn.
I realize I haven’t posted since December 2020. I have still been quilting and knitting but for some reason just stopped posting. I have been well, still working, running almost daily (weather permitting) with my rescue dog. Not sure why other than laziness.
Anyway I began this quilt in November 2020. I used NOAA to get the temperature data from Jan 1st for my zip code then began keeping track of the daily highs. I only used daily highs not low temperatures. I designed the quilt so that each row represented a month of days. There is a rectangle for each day of the month. The finished quilt measures approx 55 in x 74 in. I finished the quilt Jan 31, 2021.
I added events throughout the year — the day we adopted our rescue Harlow, my birthday, bought a new car, my husband’s birthday, our 30th wedding anniversary, and more.
Here is the temperature color chart and also the label.
I finished this quilt mid-October. The pattern is from a free project sheet — ribbon box quilt designed by Michelle Engel Bencsko. It is machine pieced and quilted. Finished size is 52.5 in X 62.5 in.
I finished this quilt back in the summer. It is machine pieced and quilted. Measures approx 50 in X 63.5 in. I will most likely gift it to a family member who seems to really love it.
It’s been a while since I posted here. I have a couple of quilts that I finished this summer/ fall that I have not shared (need to photograph them). I finished knitting this scarf recently. It was knit using the pattern Mohair Ombre Tube Scarf by Iris Schreier. The yarn is Artyarns Mohair Ombre in colorway #7267. I think it will be gifted to a niece this Christmas.
Posted in hats, knitting
Our rescue Jack Russell terrier Harlow decided to chew on this old quilt for some unknown reason. We adopted her in March this year. She had not chewed on any of the quilts until recently when she did this.
I repaired it by trimming the hole and then hand sewing a piece of batting to fit. Then I machine stitched the words “Harlow was here” on a heart shaped piece of felted wool. I then machine quilted this over the hole. I then hand appliqued another heart using dog paw cotton fabric on the back.
Here is a picture of Harlow (usually sweet).
I finished this one a month ago. It is machine pieced and quilted. It measures 41.5 x 54 in.
These next photos are detailed shots that show some of the fabric scraps used.
Not sure who will get this one but I’m sure I’ll give it to a friend or some acquaintance at some point.